Mobile technology is everywhere around! Today people are seen ditching desktops and laptops, showing more interest in smartphones where the end goal can be achieved within a couple of clicks. This has resulted in an escalating growth in the field of mobile app development (Android). According to several studies, Android was shown to have more user satisfaction than any other platform.
Proving their worth in today’s mobile-driven age is the need of the hour for businesses across the globe. We are living in an era where iTunes and Google Play are found flooding with apps across a variety of genres constantly. As a result, a sudden increasing dominance of mobile applications can be witnessed by all. Entrepreneurs, it’s time to prefer Android for on-demand app development.
The On-demand Apps
With the advancement in mobile technology, on-demand apps are seen gaining popularity slowly and steadily. Several domains ranging from hospitality to manufacturing, transportation, entertainment, and online marketplaces, we can get the most out of an on-demand app is no big deal. I personally find these apps acting like a mediator between end users and service providers. The primary objective behind these apps is not just to offer ease to the end users but also looking to increase business.
However, I don’t wish to exaggerate things by mentioning how these apps have brought revolutionary changes- Netflix, Uber, Doctor on Demand, SBS on Demand, Tinder are few notable examples that have set a benchmark on the Play Store.
Why Is Android the Best Platform For On-Demand App Development?
- High Market Share– As we all know Android seems to have outpaced all its counterparts like Apple and Windows and let me tell you with a good margin. As a result, more and more businesses are found servicing end users on-demand basis prefer developing on-demand apps in Android as it has a vast audience.
- Easy Communication– On-demand app requires lots and lots of updates on a frequent basis. One of the major reasons for this is the requirement of end users change after each small period. Moreover, the Android app offers a higher level of customization in comparison to iOS. Businesses cannot just modify their apps and complete demand of their end customers but also boosts the return on investments.
- Data Storage– With cross-platform support and 15GB storage capacity for free, Android has won several hearts. Along with Google Drive, Android features its own cloud storage. And do you know what the best part is? This surely means it is way easier to access and more viable as compared to iCloud. As the on-demand apps deal with the customer’s data, the data generated is a form of big data and companies can handle it through Google Drive’s integration in their app.
- State-of-the-art features– Will you agree with me when I say, to develop an on-demand mobile app Maps, GPS functionality, navigation must be used at its core? If yes, Android has achieved an edge over iOS in these features. Also, messenger is used to enhance the communication between the company and end users.
- Voice Assistance– Have you heard of the Google Assistant? It is basically a personal assistant which works on voice assistance. All a user requires to do is say the command, and the data are encrypted. Everything is stored carefully to offer personalization to the end user for next time. Google assistant is designed to beat Apple’s Siri.
Overall, Android Apps Have Lion’s Share in Market
Combining Android with On-demand services means you will achieve a ‘perfect fit’ for your (or any) industry. Down below I would like to mention a few sectors that are the more prominent beneficiaries of on-demand app development.
#1 Transportation and Logistics– Uber and Ola are the best examples from this industry. Here customers can gain appropriate information about the real-time status of their orders.
#2 Hospitality– Several food ordering apps have become a game changer for this industry. Zomato, Swiggy, Uber eats are a few excellent examples of an aggregator on-demand app.
#3 Housekeeping- Housecleaning, dishwashing, and other house-related services can be offered through an on-demand housing services app.
#4 Healthcare- Healthcare apps are mainly for patients residing in distant places. The app can also enable users to store their medical tests for quick and easy access.
#5 Ecommerce- The on-demand app is gaining momentum in the e-commerce realm. Here customers can give orders, track and receive them on time with the help of an on-demand application.
Stephanie Donahole is working as a Business Analyst at Tatvasoft Australia. She loves to solve business problems through efficient analysis of data. She aims to sharpen her analytical skills, deepen her data understanding and broaden her business knowledge in these nascent years of her career.