Today, buying a car and car delivery in the United States is a common thing for many Ukrainians. This is due to the fact that in America you can buy really good cars in excellent condition at an auction at a nice price. Thanks to this, anyone can buy a car overseas much cheaper than in Ukraine. But buying a car is half the battle, it is more difficult to deliver it.
You can deliver a car from America with the help of different companies that provide similar services. But you need to understand that not every company can 100% guarantee fast and safe delivery. Therefore, it is better to contact only trusted specialists with extensive experience in the delivery of vehicles to Ukraine from the United States.
How long does it take to deliver a car from the USA
All cars from America to Europe are delivered by cargo ships that depart from the East Coast. This is the shortest distance from America to European countries cheapest way to ship your car. The largest ports from which delivery is located are in New York and New Jersey. Therefore, the duration of car delivery from the USA directly depends on which state and city the car is bought in. For example, from San Francisco or Phoenix, located on the West Coast, equipment can be delivered to Ukraine for up to 3 months. This is due to the fact that in this case it will send from the port in Los Angeles, and the cargo ship needs to make a rather big detour, having sailed hundreds of extra kilometers.
Car delivery from the USA is conventionally divided into several main stages:
- Delivery of the car to the port by road. The timing depends on the distance of the auction site to the nearest port. On average, the stage takes 3-11 days.
- Loading the vehicle into a container. The containers fit 3-4 cars. Loading is accompanied by all the necessary documentation, and this also takes time. The average stage duration is 2-7 days.
- Loading directly onto the ship. It all depends on the availability of free space on the ship and the departure schedule. Terms – 1-7 days.
- Transportation of a container across the Atlantic Ocean to Odessa. The timing of this stage can be completely different. It all depends on many factors: the type of vessel, its route, port of departure, time of year, etc. Conventionally, this stage takes from 3 to 4 weeks.
- Arrival of a container with a car at the port and its unloading. Unloading the container and unpacking the car are accompanied by the registration of all necessary paperwork and payment of duties. It is quite difficult to do everything yourself, especially without experience. Therefore, most people turn to specialized companies so that an experienced freight forwarder deals with this issue in the port of Odessa. If a freight forwarder unloads the car, this stage takes from 3 to 5 days.
- After completing all the documents and unpacking the car, it can be delivered to any city in Ukraine. You can do it yourself or the company from which the car delivery was ordered will do everything.
Considering all the points, it should be noted that the delivery speed largely depends on various factors, which cannot be influenced.
Shipping costs and unforeseen factors during transportation
Many people are interested not so much in the delivery time of a car from the USA as in the cost of the service. In fact, the price depends on various factors:
- car brand, year of manufacture and dimensions;
- container type;
- the city where the car is bought for wiley x youth sports glasses.
It is impossible to say in advance the exact cost of transporting a car from the USA. However, you can find out the approximate prices for expenses:
- Transportation across America – from 200 to 400 dollars.
- Excise tax – up to $ 670.
- Duty and VAT – 10-20% of the cost of the car.
- Customs clearance and forwarding services – about $ 900.
- Pension fund tax – 3-5% of the cost.
But even taking into account all the costs, buying a car overseas will be cheaper than buying exactly the same car in Ukraine.
It should be borne in mind that during the delivery process, many unforeseen situations can occur. Starting from the difficulties of moving across America, and ending with delays in shipment at the port. There may also be difficulties with the preparation of documents for shipment and much more. Therefore, unforeseen factors can play an important role in the speed of delivery of a vehicle to Ukraine.