There’s a reason outfit planning is a task in itself. Making sure it feels most appropriate for the place you’re traveling to or ensuring that it’s comfortable and looks good, and, most importantly, how to style the outfit in mind. These are some pointers thought about when planning what to wear. Do you want to dress in a monochrome color or pair multiple accessories or a single piece? There are always questions we have for ourselves before we style our outfits.
When it comes to accessorizing, everyone loves a fun piece of accessory that can add another level to an outfit. It could be a simple gray clutch to walk around with or a black handbag paired with some gold earrings. They could be small trinkets or pieces that majorly stand out. But more often than not, wearing accessories has become a must for a majority of the outfits we wear.
So how do you mix and match accessories with your favorite outfits? Here are seven accessory combinations you can check out for the upcoming clothes you’re planning to style.
- Gold earrings and a black purse: One of the most classic combinations to ever exist, it’s almost impossible to mistake a black and gold combination. They match almost everything, and accompany your clothes without feeling extra. You could be wearing a deep blue dress, or some bright colored jeans, a combination of a black purse and some gold earrings will add a beautiful sparkle to any color that you wear. Beyond adding just a shine, this combination is well suited for any occasion that has you dressing up. Going for a dinner with your friends, a family get-together, or even a work party. Trust this combination to work with just about anything.
- Chains and bracelets: Perfect for a smart-casual look, this combination will give you an additional confidence boost that you might be looking for with your outfit. Silver or rose gold bracelets with thin or layered gold chains add a gentle glimmer to your look and pair well with a simple black or off-white outfit. These accessories also add a look of elegance, making them suitable to wear for almost any occasion.
- Black heels and diamond rings for women: Here’s another simple yet classic combination for your formal looks. Black heels work well with pretty much any outfit. Add the sparkle of a beautiful gemstone, and you have an elegant look that’s perfect for a work outing or a classy lunch/dinner get-together.
- Necklaces and belts: It might sound strange, but they make a good combination. Jeans or a fancy pair of trousers with a black, white or brown belt cannot go wrong. And for a pop of color, a simple necklace with beautiful tanzanite pendants will add a graceful appearance to your look.
- Wedges and sunglasses: If you’re looking for an accessory combination for your daytime outings, this one’s for you. Pair some beige wedges with a summer dress or some light-colored shorts and throw on sunglasses too and find yourself a look that’s fresh and easygoing for all your outdoor trips in the sun.
- Pastel handbags and headbands: These two items can make any outfit stand out and make the colors shine. A pastel-colored handbag gives your look an easy on the eyes addition of color and compliments you in a graceful manner. And don’t let yourself think that headbands are an outdated look. Style a headband with some of your casual clothes, and not only do you get a chance to let your hair loose but also achieve a carefree feel and appearance at the same time.
- Mini backpacks and high-top boots: Here’s a combination for some casual outings you might have. Perfect for those moments when you’re going to a cafe on a work break, catching up with a friend, or even running errands. Throw on a mini backpack to carry your essentials and some high-top boots for easy movement and a stylish feel. A simple yet functional look to check out for the next time you’re heading out.
For every outfit we wear, the addition of accessories can really change how it looks and feels. You can choose them for aesthetic purposes, like wearing a sparkly bracelet for a party. You can wear them for functionality purposes, like a backpack for carrying your essentials on a day you’re out and about. You can wear multiple accessories together, or just a single one. There’s no fixed rule on how to use accessories or how you can style them.
So the next time you’re looking to try out some new looks and have fun with your outfits, you can check out some of these accessory combinations. Try something that speaks to you and your style, and don’t shy away from mixing up your look too.